EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Virtual Directory - Physical files

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 03/04/2008 07:02:40
by Søren Kristensen (Basic support level)

Hi

I am evaluating the CallBack File System.

I want to read from a database and create my own virtual filesystem. The database gives me the physical location for the files. My single virtual directoris may hold files from multiple physical ditrectories.

From the examples I am not able to see how this is done. Can you help me with a few advises on hoe to do?

Regards Soren :?:
Posted: 03/04/2008 07:43:08
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello,

From the OnEnumerateDirectory callback for your "single virtual directory" you can return the list of any files. These files can be located anywhere (and in multiple physical directories too). And when someone wants to open these files you should allow to open them (i.e. you should return NO_ERROR from the Open callback). And when the Read/Write callbacks are called then you should perform the corresponding operations on your physical files (i.e. on the "files from multiple physical directories").
Posted: 03/04/2008 07:48:32
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

In fact there are 2 examples that you need to combine. Mapper "maps" the existing files into the virtual disk. VDisk and VMounter create a virtual file system from scratch.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/06/2008 07:04:41
by Søren Kristensen (Basic support level)

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
In fact there are 2 examples that you need to combine. Mapper "maps" the existing files into the virtual disk. VDisk and VMounter create a virtual file system from scratch.

Do you have a sample of doing this? I am still in the evaluation phase and do not have that much time to investigate in this.

I also need to find the user acessing the mapped filesystem. Looking through this forum I found CbFsGetOriginatorToken(), but I am not able to find this function in my evaluation version (Mapper C#). Am I missing something.

Can you supply me with an example how it can be used

Regards Søren
Posted: 03/06/2008 08:10:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Do you have a sample of doing this? I am still in the evaluation phase and do not have that much time to investigate in this.

No, sorry. Creating a virtual file system does take time and if you want to solve your problems in 5 minutes then you must look somewhere else.

I also need to find the user acessing the mapped filesystem. Looking through this forum I found CbFsGetOriginatorToken(),­ but I am not able to find this function in my evaluation version (Mapper C#). Am I missing something.

This is the function of CBFS API and it does what's needed. Why are you searching Mapper sample for it? Did you check the documentation first of all?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4245 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!