EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Customizing Drive Icon

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 03/03/2008 09:24:41
by Franck Bonin (Standard support level)

I'm trying to change my virtual drive icon using an autorun file.

I created a file named autorun.inf containing the following text:
Code
[autorun]
ICON=C:\Windows\System\Shell32.DLL,22

On my system, this file work well with an USB removable device, but doesn't with my virtual CbFS drive that is initialized using following flags :
Code
SetStorageType(stDisk);
SetStorageCharacteristics(scRemovableMedia);

So I tried all combination of " SetStorageType " and " SetStorageCharacteristics", none succeeded.

I also double-checked "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoDriveTypeAutoRun" registry key content to enable drive autorun. But autorun still not working on my virtual drive.

I'm using CbFS v1.2.21.50 C++ API under Windows XP SP2 32bit
Posted: 03/03/2008 09:44:58
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I believe this is related to the fact, that the virtual disk is not a hardware emulator, i.e. it is not seen by the OS as a plug-n-play device.

We are working on a plug-n-play driver code which will be included into all our driver products to provide additional functionality to the system.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/04/2008 11:08:30

You are right, I suppose this is why CbFs driver doesn't appear in device manger list.

Can you tell me how your new plug-n-play driver would help me for customizing my virtual drive ?

And Could you provide me a date you plan to release this plug-n-play driver feature ?

Best regards,

Franck bonin
Posted: 03/04/2008 11:33:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It's a long story. The driver will appear probably by the end of summer.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/04/2008 11:39:35
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Franck Bonin wrote:
Can you tell me how your new plug-n-play driver would help me for customizing my virtual drive ?

The new driver will completely correspond to Windows storage driver architecture. So it will be visible in the device manager list, in the disk management console and so on. I.e. virtual storages that the new driver will support don't differ from other storages in the system. That's why I think that the Ā«Customizing Drive IconĀ» feature will work too.
Posted: 03/05/2008 07:29:21

Thank you for your answers.

Franck Bonin
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 4652 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!