EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error Reporting

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 12/26/2007 08:12:53
by Hawazen Otaibi (Basic support level)

Hi,

How to raise errors/exceptions through onCreateFile (i.e. Access Denied)?

I tried the raise Exception('Access Denied'), but that only being raised while the IDE is running and I get "A device attached to the system is not functioning" in Explorer.

Is there a deferent method to trigger errors in CBFS?

Posted: 12/26/2007 09:02:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What do you want to do with the error? How do you expect to see the thrown exception?

In general, the procedure of reporting the error to the system is described in the help file.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/27/2007 02:15:54

I referred to the help file that comes with CBFS already but I couldn't find the method of reporting errors! is there an example or a link for this procedure?
Posted: 12/27/2007 03:57:47

What are you trying to achieve?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/27/2007 06:12:46

I want to trigger the error "Access Denied" when creating/renaming files & folders
Posted: 12/27/2007 10:28:49

You should follow the instructions in the help file. The topic is not shown in contents. You can get to it by opening any topic that describes the callback function and proceeding to the bottom of the page. Look for the text:

===
Error handling

See Error handling topic for detailed information about how to report errors, which occur in the event handlers, back to Callback File System.

===

Click on "Error handling" after "See".

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 5089 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!