EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Callback FS: I do I manage custume File ID ?

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 12/11/2007 02:29:55
by Alois Cochard (Basic support level)

Greetings,

I'm evaluating the trial version of Callback FileSystem.

I'm linking the content of a database to the filesystem, I started building my development basing my query on filename because most of callback function ('CbFsOpenFile',...) receive parameter 'fileName'.

1. How it's possible to know in which folder we are when CbFsOpenFile method is called ? if we have more than one instance of the windows explorer launched ? Possible to get full filepath instead of only filename ?

2. Same for folder of course...

3. Is it possible to handle a custom id ? I don't see way to do that... instead of using filename in internal function I want use an specific ID (corresponding to BD record) enalbing me to manage 2 file with same name... ?

Waiting for answer to know if we continue development with your solution, Thanks,
Posted: 12/11/2007 02:48:48
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1-2. Did you check the sample applications?
3. No. There was a discussion about this in the forum some time ago. Windows operates files based on their names. You would need to build your own hash table which will keep file names and DB record IDs.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/11/2007 07:39:20

Thanks for fast feedback,

1-2. Yes but I'm only aware of two sample app (I'm coding in c#) the first one call 'Mapper' simply map to an other directory and don't seem to really handle file browsing. The second call 'VMounter' seems bugy and don't handling folder context. If I mount VMounter and then create a new folder and double-click on it, I say in this 'New folder' an other 'New folder' that fail if I try to open, and I'm no longer able to see the root. If I use only the root to create/store document no problem, but this example don't handle tree folders...

3. Just wanted to know if a hashtable was implemented into the framework... thanks for answer
Posted: 12/11/2007 08:13:11
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Mapper handles the requests, and it doesn't actually matter where it routes them. For you it's important how it handles them, i.e. what requests are handled, what parameters are passed etc..

And VMounter was designed as a simple file enumerator without folders.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/11/2007 08:55:59

Yeah it rocks, just used the bad sample as root for my code...

Thanks Eugene
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4841 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!