EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Alternate datastream

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 10/23/2007 04:02:39
by Dan Cooper (Basic support level)

When using the CallbackFS to host a drive we are having an issue where the system requests to create a file called 'thumbs.db:encryptable' which I understand is an alternate datastream object but I was under the impression that alternate datastreams should not be forwarded by the driver, is this correct? If not, how should these datastreams be dealt with?

Description:

After creating an Image in an empty folder and switching to thumbnail view, CbFsCreateFile is called for the file ‘Thumbs.db:encryptable’
Posted: 10/23/2007 04:54:57
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

It's our mistake. Sorry. If you don't set a pointer to the CbFsEnumerateNamedStreamsEvent then the alternate data streams must be processed internally by the driver (it simply completes such request with STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED). But there is a problem here. In the following build it will be fixed. Now for such requests (i.e. for Create('thumbs.db:encryptable') etc.) you can return the ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED error.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3533 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!