EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Disk not appearing in Vista explorer

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
#3673
Posted: 09/01/2007 08:55:49
by Dan Cooper (Basic support level)
Joined: 06/27/2007
Posts: 125

Hi,

When mounting a disk using CallbackFS in Vista it mounts correctly but does not appear in the 'My Computer' area in Windows Explorer. If I open a command prompt I can cd to the drive and open files but I cannot browse to it in Explorer. Is there something else I need to do to notify Vista that the disk has been inserted? I have tried SHChangeNotify with no success.

Thanks,
Dan Cooper
#3679
Posted: 09/02/2007 08:38:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Can you please provide more details, i.e.
1) does the problem happen on some particular system or on any system with Vista?
2) does the same application work fine on XP systems?
3) do you change the default values for DiskCharacteristics and DiskType properties (or whatever names those properties have -- I have no code to check at the moment)?

As I understand, you are using .NET 1.1 assembly. I will ask the developer to check it, cause the drivers themselves work on Vista correctly.


Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
#3680
Posted: 09/02/2007 08:43:21
by Dan Cooper (Basic support level)
Joined: 06/27/2007
Posts: 125

The problem happens on all Vista machines we have tested on (Home Premium), although it does sometimes appear on one of the machines. It never appears on the other.

The application does work fine on XP systems.

I have not changed the defaults for StorageCharacteristics but I have set the StorageType to stDisk

Regards,
Dan
#3681
Posted: 09/03/2007 01:16:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The problem is indeed specific to .NET API. The details will be checked later today.


Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
#3682
Posted: 09/03/2007 08:31:45
by Petr Chmelar (Basic support level)
Joined: 07/30/2007
Posts: 24

We encounter similar problems also under Server 2008

Petr Chmelar


Quote
Eugene Mayevski wrote:
The problem is indeed specific to .NET API. The details will be checked later today.


Quote
Dan Cooper wrote:
The problem happens on all Vista machines we have tested on (Home Premium), although it does sometimes appear on one of the machines. It never appears on the other.

The application does work fine on XP systems.

I have not changed the defaults for StorageCharacteristics but I have set the StorageType to stDisk

Regards,
Dan
#3683
Posted: 09/03/2007 11:40:17
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Petr, an you please specify what build number of Callback File System and what API (.NET 1.1, .NET 2.0, VCL, C++) you are using?


Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
#3684
Posted: 09/03/2007 12:07:07
by Petr Chmelar (Basic support level)
Joined: 07/30/2007
Posts: 24

Oh sorry, we are using .NET 2.0 on 32bit Windows Server Enterprise with SP1 (reported as version 222) - it's the June 07 CTP. Cbfs driver version is 1.0.11.23

Regards,
Petr

Quote
Eugene Mayevski wrote:
Petr, an you please specify what build number of Callback File System and what API (.NET 1.1, .NET 2.0, VCL, C++) you are using?
#3689
Posted: 09/04/2007 05:39:36
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately we can't reproduce the problem. We are trying to do it.
Could you please run the attached test program and check whether the problem is reproduced by using this program?
BTW it will create directory "c:\DupFsTest-0". Delete it after the test will be finished.


[ Download ]
#3690
Posted: 09/04/2007 05:48:19
by Dan Cooper (Basic support level)
Joined: 06/27/2007
Posts: 125

I have run the program and it does appear to work correctly apart from the 'BugCheck' button causing a BSOD.

We have discovered that the issue only occurs when the CallbackFS is being run as a service and the storage is setup on startup. Perhaps this is a service order issue? Does CallbackFS require a service to be started before the storage is initialised?
#3691
Posted: 09/04/2007 06:12:52
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Quote
Dan Cooper wrote:
We have discovered that the issue only occurs when the CallbackFS is being run as a service and the storage is setup on startup. Perhaps this is a service order issue?

Thank you. The problem probably in it. I'll check this now.

Quote
Dan Cooper wrote:
Does CallbackFS require a service to be started before the storage is initialised?

I don't understand the question. If the service processes the callbacks then it must be started first.
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Reply

Statistics

Topic viewed 13553 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0




|

Back to top

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!