EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Disconnected Network Drive despite installed DLLs

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 08/16/2016 07:45:38
by Robert Schmidtke (Standard support level)

I am using CbFS 6.1.182 on Windows 7 Professional (SP1) (64bit). I have installed the cbfs.cab using flags CBFS_MODULE_NET_REDIRECTOR_DLL and CBFS_MODULE_MOUNT_NOTIFIER_DLL for the helper DLLs. The other drivers are installed as well. When checking the system32 and SysWOW64 folders, the DLLs are there. However when I add a mounting point using CBFS_SYMLINK_NETWORK | CBFS_SYMLINK_NETWORK_ALLOW_MAP_AS_DRIVE, the drive shows up as disconnected in the Explorer (with a red cross), while it is perfectly browsable. The downside is that I cannot eject the drive from the explorer, thereby not allowing my application to execute the shutdown hooks. GetModuleStatus reports all four modules as installed and the services as running. Any hint on what might be the cause for this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Posted: 08/17/2016 08:46:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

First of all try to reproduce the issue on some other computer. Knowing if it happens there will help you understand if the problem is specific to your environment or it is reproducible (and can be worked on).

Next you need to check with Process Explorer tool, whether CBFSNetRdr6.dll is actually loaded in Explorer's address space. GetModuleStatus() indicates that the module is installed, however for explorer DLLs this method doesn't check, whether the DLLs are actually loaded (such check is technically reasonable only for the driver itself).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 349 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!