EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Does CBFS support Kerberos Authentication? (ref_gen_release_news_61.html)

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 08/09/2016 09:19:20
by Catherine Agbaw (Priority Standard support level)

I see CBFS supports local user authentication in Windows using GetTokenInformation and the related methods, but I don't see any information about how Kerberos Authentication is supported. Can you point me to information on how CBFS supports Kerberos Authentication?
Posted: 08/09/2016 09:45:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

CBFS doesn't care about authentication. All it does is returns the security token of the initiator of the request, when you use GetOriginatorToken() method. This token describes certain security state of the process, which can be obtained by various means. And this security state, or the means of reaching it, are beyond CBFS control and beyond its scope of functionality.

To put it simple - CBFS knows nothing about how the process was authenticated, and should not care about this. It's up to your application to derive security data from that token, if you need it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 498 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!