EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Upgrading from 3 to 6 link errors.

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 07/19/2016 15:41:46
by Trey Fischer (Standard support level)

I'm trying to build a project which originally used CbFs 3.1.83. I'm trying to replace with headers and libs for 6.1.179. I've updated callback signatures and all compiles fine. But when I link I get the following errors:

1>CbFS.lib(CbFS.obj) : warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/FAILIFMISMATCH:_CRT_STDIO_ISO_WIDE_SPECIFIERS=0' encountered; ignored
1>MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR90.dll) : error LNK2005: swscanf already defined in CbFS.lib(CbFS.obj)
1>MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR90.dll) : error LNK2005: _swprintf already defined in CbFS.lib(CbFS.obj)
1> Creating library ...
1>CbFS.lib(CbFS.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl operator delete(void *,unsigned __int64)" (??3@YAXPEAX_K@Z)
1>CbFS.lib(CbFS.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___stdio_common_vswprintf
1>CbFS.lib(CbFS.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___stdio_common_vswscanf
1>CbFS.lib(misc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __report_rangecheckfailure
1>CbFS.lib(cbfsapi.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __report_rangecheckfailure
1>CbFS.lib(install.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __report_rangecheckfailure

I'm building with VS2008 for 64bit using CbFs dyamic runtime.

This makes me wonder if I'm able to build for msvcr9 using CbFs 6. Is it possible?
Posted: 07/20/2016 13:47:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

CBFS comes with precompiled libraries for Visual Studio 2008 and later. This implies that you can use CBFS with Visual Studio 2008 projects.

As for your particular issue - it looks like a conflict between some options, with which CBFS APIs have been built, and the same options in your project.

To overcome the problem you need to download and install the version from My Control Center (https://www.eldos.com/cc/). It comes with the source code of user-mode APIs. This way you can compile a library with the settings you need. And you will also be able to compile the source code directly into your application, without even creating a library.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/05/2016 10:09:58
by Trey Fischer (Standard support level)

This was the perfect answer. It solved my problem. Thank you!

Statistics

Topic viewed 666 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!