EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Callback File System Metadata

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 08/02/2007 07:10:32
by Arnaud Vaneste (Basic support level)

I'd like to know more about how CFS manage metadata. Especially, does users "see" metadata like under Windows ?

Could you point me to some help files/examples about that ?

Posted: 08/02/2007 09:52:18
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

What do you mean - metadata? If it's the additional data stream support then this feature is not supported yet. But we are going to add it in the future release.
Posted: 08/03/2007 13:34:48
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

In fact, you need to store metadata with files, not expose them to the system. In the scheme I described to you in brief (SolFS Standard + Callback File System) you store the metadata in SolFS Storage and this is supported by SolFS. You don't need to expose the metadata to the OS (and the OS has no functions in API to request this metadata). So CBFS has nothing to do with this metadata. As for the additional stream (as you need versioning), Vladimir has answered you.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 4414 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!