EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

System not closing EXE files

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 08/01/2007 08:55:35
by Dan Cooper (Basic support level)

OK, many thanks for your help, please keep me updated.

Posted: 08/01/2007 11:02:47
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

As I understand, in the intervals between using of a cbfs-storage, you want to perform some operations (optimization of the target storage, etc).

If yes you need only the function which shows are there any open files on the volume. Like the FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME ioctl but which not lock the volume.
Is it so?
Posted: 08/01/2007 11:28:59
by Dan Cooper (Basic support level)

What we are doing is providing the logical drive using CallbackFS with the physical storage being provided by SolidFS, the streams used to read/write files in the CallbackFS are SolFSStreams but when all these streams are closed we need to run some operations on the SolFS files. I hope that makes sense.

Posted: 08/10/2007 09:17:46
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The new build has been released. It contains ReleaseUnusedFiles functions for you. This function flushes the system caches and releases all unused files (which contain no open handles to them) on a volume.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 11830 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!