EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 06/01/2016 13:16:18
by Roland Krikava (Basic support level)

I am using a NET mounting point (have also tried simple), and am currently not seeing files added in explorer after successfully calling NotifyDirectoryChange on them (after sync from the network). I have read other posts on the subject, and so far have not found anything pertinent. File paths are case sensitive and omit the drive letter.

Posted: 06/01/2016 13:18:39
by david bennett (Standard support level)

It's hard for me to be sure if this is relevant, but NotifyDirectoryChange doesn't work for network drives at all. There is no workaround I'm aware of.
Posted: 06/02/2016 05:45:43
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Could you please specify parameters of your NotifyDirectoryChange call as well as AddMountinPoint one?
On my machine it seems to work correctly. I have tried the following:
Modified the C++ Mapper sample to create a network mounting point

Created the "Test" button there and when it was pressed the following is called
NotifyDirectoryChange(L"\\1.txt", fanAdded, TRUE);

Then executed the Mapper sample, created a virtual storage and entered it in Explorer. In parallel I created another File Explorer instance, entered the "C:\1" folder (i.e. the "backend" folder) and created there a file "1.txt". After pressing the "Test" button the first instance of File Explorer updated its view and the "1.txt" file occurred there.

Posted: 06/06/2016 13:19:43
by Roland Krikava (Basic support level)

I updated to the latest version of CBFS (v6.1.179.109), and the behavior of NotifyDirectoryChange is inconsistent. At times, for a directory that has 110 new images added and notified via NotifyDirectoryChange, all 110 would appear. For a directory of 13 items, I would see only some appear like 2 or so.

I tried to replicated the issue in Mapper as you suggested, but I couldn't get NotifyDirectoryChange working for the simple case of adding a single file.

As you suggested I created a test button, with:

g_CbFs.NotifyDirectoryChange(L"\\1.txt", CallbackFileSystem::fanAdded, TRUE);

Started up Mapper, Created "1.txt" in C:\1, and clicked the test button. No change. Hit refresh under the mapped dir, and then it appeared. I tried this for both:

g_CbFs.AddMountingPoint(MountingPoint, CBFS_SYMLINK_MOUNT_MANAGER, NULL);

As well as the one you tested:

Posted: 06/06/2016 14:39:05
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I welcome you to continue this conversation in the Helpdesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ). I have moved your last post there.

Helpdesk is our easy-to-use individual support system that allows communicating and exchanging sample data with our support personnel privately. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates of your support request.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 1549 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!