EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Can't delete files

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 04/28/2016 19:05:40
by Dan Tower (Standard support level)

I need some advice on how to debug an issue with deleting files.
When I try to delete a file the windows file deletion ui pops up and I get the OnCanFileBeDeleted event which I answer with true. Then I get the OnClose event of the last reference so I'm expecting to get the OnDelete event but it never comes. Instead it gets the file info again. The only error I get is an invalid attribute for \$RECYCLE.BIN\S-1-5-21-3748337093-1561856033-2446971800-1003\$I27N67H.txt which doesn't exist. I suspect that's the problem but I don't know what to do about it. I did use procxp to make sure no handles were open to the file.

I get the OnReadFileNative event for the file which seems to succeed but then I get the error message UI that the system can't read from the drive.

Thanks for any help,
-Dan
Posted: 04/29/2016 04:07:04
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Dan,

Is the problem reproducible with any of the CBFS samples? Please correct one of it in order to have the same storage type (StorageType), storage characteristics (StorageCharacteristics), and mounting point (AddMountingPoint) parameters and check the problem there.

Thanks.

Statistics

Topic viewed 991 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!