EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CBFS5 MountPath inside UNC path

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 03/21/2016 13:34:15
by Paolo Manili (Basic support level)

Hi,

is it possible to set the MountPath to a UNC path?
We usually mount to a subdirectory of the user's Desktop for example: DriveLetter:\Users\user\Desktop\ProductName
However we are getting CBFS errors on some of our clients who use virtual machines and so for example their Desktop folder will be located in a path like this one: "\\domain\\VMWareViewProfiles\\user\Desktop\Product
When we try mounting on these paths (Or even try mounting on a remote folder like :"\\OtherMachine\\Users\user\Desktop\Product"
we get this error from AddMountingPoint calls: "ECBFS Error: 123 Message: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

We usually pass CallbackFileSystem.CBFS_SYMLINK_MOUNT_MANAGER as the only flag.

We could reproduce the issue with the Mapper Sample as well. (Though Mapper simply gives an "Incorrect parameter" error.

Is it not possible with CBFS, or are we passing the wrong flags?

Thanks in advance,
Paolo Manili
Posted: 03/21/2016 13:37:06
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Technical Support is provided to customers with the linked Support Access Ticket. You will find your Support Access Ticket together with all the details about how to use it in the registration e-mail that we’ve sent to you upon the purchase. The procedure of linking the Support Access Ticket is described in the registration e-mail as well.

I am afraid that without the Support Access Ticket linked we won't be able to assist you. Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/22/2016 04:48:30
by Paolo Manili (Basic support level)

Sure,

we have two accounts on the Eldos forum, I just posted from my personal one rather than the company one with the ticket for practical reasons. Do you want me to reply to this post from the other account or do I have to create a new post from the other one?

Thanks in advance,
Paolo Manili
Posted: 03/22/2016 06:50:42

As you prefer, we just need to see the support access ticket linked.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/22/2016 06:59:19
by Filippo Savarese (Standard support level)

Ok, this is the main account.

Paolo Manili
Posted: 03/22/2016 13:31:12

Thank you.

Actually the answer is quite simple and it's described in the documentation -- mounting to the folder is done to the NTFS disk using the functions built into NTFS filesystem drivers. So it's not possible to mount a filesystem to the directory on the network drive or to FAT32 disk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/23/2016 06:32:02
by Filippo Savarese (Standard support level)

Ah, I see, I must have missed that detail.

It is actually easier for us if it is such a clear cut case as we can simply specify it in our documentation and handle it in our application settings. I had just thought I must have been passing the path or parameters wrong.

Thank you very much,
Paolo Manili
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2729 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!