EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Enabling client-side caching

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 01/21/2016 14:55:44
by Felix Hupfeld (Standard support level)

Is there a way to enable Window's client-side caching for my CBFS-based file system?

I am mounting my file system as a network file system and assign a drive letter, but the client-side caching (make available offline) is not offered in the context menu.
Posted: 01/21/2016 15:03:32
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

CBFS, at least now, doesn't support the "make available offline" feature.
Posted: 01/21/2016 16:03:47
by Henri Hein (Standard support level)

I believe Felix could still support off-line mode. The network drive type just tells Windows how to show it. If you have your data locally, there is no reason the drive cannot function normally, even in off-line mode.

Henri Hein
Thin Air Labs, Inc
Posted: 01/22/2016 04:44:05
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

As I remember supporting of offline files isn't a feature of a network disk but of the system component "Client side caching agent" (the csc.sys driver). And I don't know how it works with the system network shares. Maybe there is some documented mechanism for it, but maybe not. Unfortunately we haven't done anything in that way.

Topic viewed 2394 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!