EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CallBackFS 1.0.8 changes

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 07/10/2007 22:46:46
by Vitaliy Evstigneev (Basic support level)

Is there a complete list of changes made to CallBackFS 1.0.8 compared to previous version? I'm having a hard time making it working. I'll stop at this point and wait for the list.
Posted: 07/11/2007 01:09:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The SetFileSizes event has been split into two different events. Also, StorageCharacteristics were set by default to RemoveableStorage. That's all.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/11/2007 03:17:38

Will support be available for previous versions of CallBackFS ?
Posted: 07/11/2007 08:04:23

I am confused with your question, but I'd say no. The redesign of OnSetFileSizes event was caused by design flaw and it makes no sense to support the version with design flaw. IOW you have to update to version 1.0.8.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/11/2007 08:25:47

In other words my question is: if I've released my software that makes use of CallBackFS v. 1.0.8, and then after the release there is a flaw found in CallBackFS v. 1.0.8, what is the probability of CallBackFS interface to be re-designed by your company again instead of fixing the flaw? Judging by your answer - there is a very high probability that I'll have to re-write my software.
P.S. Version assumes succession. If version remains the same (which is "1") then the code must be completely compatible. Right now it's incompatible. The "1.0.8" should be "2.0.0" instead. (would you forgive me my criticism)
P.P.S. Even after changing my program according to changes that you've mentioned, I still received errors. Maybe it's because I've implemented the whole thing wrong initially, but at least it worked correctly. For now I've rolled back to 1.0.7.
Posted: 07/11/2007 08:29:52

If the changes are necessary and unavoidable, they will be made.
We will not support build 1.0.7 anymore. If you have specific problems with 1.0.8, let's solve them.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/11/2007 08:31:20

JFYI: the license prohibits use of the evaluation version in software development. I.e. your previous post consititues violation of the license.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/11/2007 08:46:59

I think there is some misunderstanding.
1) I'm using evaluation key right now for evaluation purposes: I don't know how it's possible to evaluate it without doing any development;
2) I wrote "IF I've released my software that makes use of CallBackFS v. 1.0.8..." ( "IF" ). I haven't released anything yet: I respect the license agreement, I'm in the same kind of business myself.
3) Right now it's a bit late here: let's fix it tomorrow.
Posted: 07/12/2007 10:06:53

Please accept my appologies for misreading your post.

It's possible to perform evaluation by playing with the sample application. It's also possible to perform evaluation by building a prototype application. With both of the above it's not a problem to change the code if CBFS interfaces are changed.

Back to your previous post - the design flaw was in declaring a single event for two parameters (file size and allocation size). So the only way to fix the flaw was to split the event into two. Of course, this has broken the previous code. The other change was that the type of the storage is removeable by default now (this is more logical). But this can be fixed easily in your code - just set StorageCharacteristics property explicitly.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8922 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!