EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Explorer does not refresh after file creation

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 10/22/2015 06:07:21
by Yves Langisch (Standard support level)

Hi,

Our CBFS network drive is backed by our own SFTP library (.NET). Things are well except when creating a new file with an editor, e.g. MS Notepad or Notepad++. The file is not visible until I press F5 in Windows Explorer. Looking into the log all file operations are fine. After the write operation Explorer asks several times to enumerate the directory and file (with mask). The return values seem ok for me.

Do you see any other reason why the file does not appear immediately after creation/write operation? Doing the same on a SMB share or local drive works as expected.

Thanks
Yves
Posted: 10/22/2015 06:20:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Is the file created via the virtual drive or "under the hood", directly on the backend storage?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/22/2015 06:31:34

Through the editor which write to our CBFS network drive. Means CreateFile, SetAllocationSize, WriteFile are invoked. Everything is in the logs and looks fine. No need to invoke NotifyDirectory I guess.

Thanks
Yves
Posted: 10/22/2015 06:40:07

Yes, there's no need for NotifyDirectory.

Do I understand you right that the problem exists only with your SFTP-based implementation and doesn't happen with say Mapper sample or with SFTPDisk sample?

If this is the case, I'd suggest checking OnGetFileInfo implementation - maybe it returns "file not found" while the file has already been created.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/22/2015 06:42:25

Is there any chance to send me a trial key for SecureBlackbox? I'll test it if I see the same behaviour or not.

BTW, the sample does not compile anymore due to the API changes in CBFS6. Can fix this for my tests though.

Thanks
Yves
Posted: 10/22/2015 07:32:21

I will provide the key via the helpdesk.

The samples need a minor refreshment, that's what we have done but didn't updated the downloadable version yet.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3114 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!