EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SHA-1 deprecation

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 10/15/2015 04:58:26
by Rob Hamflett (Priority Standard support level)

Hi,

I'm looking for information about your plans regarding SHA-1 deprecation. Given that your certificate was issued last year (based on the signed files in v5.1.164) do you expect that your certificate will continue to be allowed once Microsoft deprecates SHA-1 in January? If you do move over to SHA-2, will you be dual-signing the driver files with both SHA-2 and SHA-1 to support OSes prior to Windows 8, or will you require that they have the necessary patches applied?

Thanks,
Rob Hamflett
Posted: 10/15/2015 05:14:06
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The situation with driver signing is uncertain, with Microsoft itself not knowing how the things will work in future. We will do whatever is required, though SHA1 code-signing certificates will expire pretty soon and won't be issued anymore. So at some (not so distant) moment in future they simply won't be by CAs issued and then the drivers will require the corresponding patches in order to be loaded.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/15/2015 05:16:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I should add that we will not re-sign old versions of CBFS (or other driver products), i.e. migration to CBFS 6 will be required. We will also release new versions of all driver products, so that they will include new signatures.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/15/2015 05:24:38
by Rob Hamflett (Priority Standard support level)

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Rob

Statistics

Topic viewed 2689 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!