EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Granular control over file operations

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 09/17/2015 21:55:24
by Bhushan Manekar (Standard support level)

In cbfs, is there any mechanism to get granular control over each user operation? for example, I want people not to be able to copy files outside CBFS mounted drive. Is there any api to achieve this?

Thanks!
Posted: 09/18/2015 02:15:07
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Copying is not an operation, thus you can't control the "copying" process.

You have fine control over all other operations such as file open and reading from your virtual filesystem. You can check which process and under which user account tries to open the file (and thus to read or write the file).

However, CBFS gives you no control over operations performed outside of the virtual filesystem. To control any filesystem operations you can use CallbackFilter. Let me remind again, that copying is not an operation and can't be controlled.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/18/2015 02:20:39
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

It isn't possible to achieve. If you allow to read file contents then it is possible to save this data anywhere.
Although you can restrict file reading. I.e. allow to read files only by some specific program and this program should protect data from copying.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2852 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!