EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

NotifyDirectoryChange w/ fanModified not invalidating file cache

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 08/13/2015 12:15:30
by CopyAgent Team (Priority Standard support level)

Hi,

We're having great success with calling NotifyDirectoryChange with fanAdded and fanRemoved to get files that are added or removed external to CBFS to show up or go away. However, we're having issues with fanModified.

As document here, https://www.eldos.com/documentation/cbfs/ref_cl_cbfs_mtd_notifydirectorychange.html, we're passing in the full path to the file that as modified, e.g. Z:\folder\file.txt if we mounted at Z:\.

Code
CallbackFileSystem::NotifyDirectoryChange(fullPath, CallbackFileSystem::fanModified, false);

However, once a file has been read, its content is cached and it we never get any further read callbacks, even though we're calling NotifyDirectoryChange when remote changes occur. Thus, the user sees stale file content.

Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks,
-Aaron
Posted: 08/13/2015 14:47:38
by CopyAgent Team (Priority Standard support level)

Hm, I may have figured this one out. It wants the path relative to the mount, not fully qualified Windows path.

The documentation says,
FileName - specifies the full path name of the file or directory which was changed, added or deleted

I suggest clarifying this in the documentation.
Posted: 08/14/2015 04:08:09
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The documentation is incorrect. Thank you for pointing it out. We will correct it.
Does the problem still exist when the corrected path is used?

Thanks.
Posted: 08/14/2015 13:10:46
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The documentation has been fixed. It turned out that in CBFS 6 docs the description was correct, which means that in version 5 there was some technical glitch which lead to the loss of the changes (we make changes to two branches in parallel).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/17/2015 11:07:21
by Aaron Kluck (Basic support level)

Volodymyr Zinin wrote:
Does the problem still exist when the corrected path is used?

Nope, it's all good now!

By the way, the SSL certificate for your forum seems to be broken (which is why I created this temporary user name).
Posted: 08/17/2015 11:23:49

Aaron Kluck wrote:
By the way, the SSL certificate for your forum seems to be broken (which is why I created this temporary user name).

It's fine on our side (both on the server and if looking from the browser located on the other side of the globe). You need to check your environment - maybe you do have some security problems (some intrusion or external control).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/17/2015 11:27:14
by William Levra-Juillet (Priority Standard support level)

Hi guys, sorry to interrupt, but I confirm the forum SSL cert looks good for us.
Posted: 08/17/2015 11:30:38

William Levra-Juillet wrote:
Hi guys, sorry to interrupt, but I confirm the forum SSL cert looks good for us.

Thank you for the independent confirmation!

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 7315 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!