EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Callback File System: problem re-installing driver with c# sample

Also by EldoS Corporation: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Created: 06/19/2007 05:19:56
by Mark Baker (Basic support level)
Registration date: 06/18/2007
Total messages: 3

I am using the newly released 1.0.7 version of Callback file system for an evaluation. I am running the included c# sample Mounter application.

The mounter app did work fine the first few times, until I clicked Uninstall Driver. Now I cannot install the driver again. I have rebooted the PC I am testing on, in case that is the issue, but I still get an error fro InstallDriver().

I've tried both debug and release of cbfs.sys. I am running 32bit Windows XP.

The exception from InstallDriver() is "Exception of type 'CallbackFS.ECBFSError' was thrown." - the error message is "1008".

Any ideas? Do I need to manually remove some previous driver install?

FYI I was initially using the previous release of cbfs, so it was this version that UninstallDriver() was called from.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark Baker
Created: 06/19/2007 06:11:38
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please ensure that you have the administrator rights in order to install the driver. The developer will take a look at the issue.

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski
Created: 06/19/2007 06:16:15

I am a local administrator on the PC and managed to installed the driver the first time. It is the second time that the driver is installed that I get the issue.
Created: 06/19/2007 06:19:49
by Vladimir Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Try to remove the driver manually and perform the reboot after that. The driver is located in %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\cbfs.sys
We'll check the problem and I hope, that in the next build it will not exist.
Created: 06/19/2007 06:41:07

Removing the driver manually has worked, thank you!
Also by EldoS Corporation: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2947 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|