EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Callback File System: problem re-installing driver with c# sample

Also by EldoS Corporation: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 06/19/2007 05:19:56
by Mark Baker (Basic support level)

I am using the newly released 1.0.7 version of Callback file system for an evaluation. I am running the included c# sample Mounter application.

The mounter app did work fine the first few times, until I clicked Uninstall Driver. Now I cannot install the driver again. I have rebooted the PC I am testing on, in case that is the issue, but I still get an error fro InstallDriver().

I've tried both debug and release of cbfs.sys. I am running 32bit Windows XP.

The exception from InstallDriver() is "Exception of type 'CallbackFS.ECBFSError' was thrown." - the error message is "1008".

Any ideas? Do I need to manually remove some previous driver install?

FYI I was initially using the previous release of cbfs, so it was this version that UninstallDriver() was called from.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark Baker
Posted: 06/19/2007 06:11:38
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please ensure that you have the administrator rights in order to install the driver. The developer will take a look at the issue.

Sincerely yours,
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/19/2007 06:16:15

I am a local administrator on the PC and managed to installed the driver the first time. It is the second time that the driver is installed that I get the issue.
Posted: 06/19/2007 06:19:49
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Try to remove the driver manually and perform the reboot after that. The driver is located in %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\drivers\cbfs.sys
We'll check the problem and I hope, that in the next build it will not exist.
Posted: 06/19/2007 06:41:07

Removing the driver manually has worked, thank you!
Also by EldoS Corporation: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3385 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|