EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Possible corruption of NetworkProvider\HWOrder registry key?

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 04/09/2015 17:07:00
by John Hoerr (Standard support level)

Hello,

A customer of our CBFS-based application has reported that, upon starting our app, the value of the HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\networkprovider\hworder key can occasionally change on client machines from:

"cbfs5,PICAClientNetwork,RDPNP,LanmanWorkstation,webclient"

to:

"cbfs5,PICAClientNetwork,RDPNP,LanmanWorkstationt,webclient"

Note the additional 't' at the end of LanmanWorkstation. This causes errors when trying to read other network-mounted drives.

Our app doesn't modify this registry key directly, but I've seen mention of that key elsewhere in this forum. I'm wondering if there's anything in the CBFS assembly that might be involved, or if you have any suggestions on how to further diagnose the issue?

This occurs with CBFS 5.1.146 (which I've just realized is quite out of date.)

Thanks for your help!
Posted: 04/10/2015 02:27:56
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the information. There was a bug concerning the problem and it has already been fixed since then. Now I have also retried to reproduce it with the latest build, but without success.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2603 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!