EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Virtual Folders Inside Virtual Drive

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 04/07/2015 17:28:10
by Keith Yates (Basic support level)

I'm trying to setup some virtual folders for say google drive for example. But, to make sure the folders are in-use I'm considering creating a virtual drive first then mounting the folders in there.

My question, if I mount a virtual drive with CBFS, and then mount virtual folders in that drive. Which one would be getting called (GetFileInfo, etc.) when the files in the virtual folders are accessed? The drive one or the specific folder one?
Posted: 04/08/2015 00:46:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It's not clear how you plan to create virtual folders. If you use CallbackFilter for this, then the filter driver works by intercepting filesystem requests, so virtual folders will be handled by CallbackFilter while the rest of the drive will be handled by CBFS.

However it would be a better idea to handle everything within CBFS - that will make the application more robust.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1512 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!