EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Reparse Points in CBFS

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 04/06/2015 16:01:22
by Nick Bethmann (Standard support level)

I tried to implement a reparse point/junction in a cbfs mount point with FileSystemName = "NTFS". I tell the system that there is a file with FileAttributes.ReparsePoint | FileAttributes.Directory and it just cannot read the file. It does open it OK but then I never see a read but an error is returned to the application: Error: Incorrect function.

I'm using the "fsutil reparsepoint query" command to read it. If I open the folder in Explorer it ignores the reparse point and just treats it as if it's a directory, again, I never see a read on the reparse data.

C# Developer Nick
Posted: 04/07/2015 01:01:33
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately reparse points are not supported by CBFS, but we are going to implement it. When you specify FileAttributes.ReparsePoint it's just returned by CBFS to the originator of the request. But there is no any additional support for it.
Actually in many cases the reparse points are not necessary. For example if it's required to only show some folder from another disk as part of the CBFS disk then you can do in the way as the Mapper sample does (i.e. just map/mirror some physical folder as virtual).

Topic viewed 2018 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!