EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How can I link my network drive?

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 03/19/2015 21:35:06
by Ace Tan (Basic support level)

I have a network drive like dropbox. how can I mount it to CBFS?
Posted: 03/20/2015 00:09:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your interest in our products.

To connect the virtual drive with the remote data storage one needs to write the glue code which will transfer the data. This code is placed to the event handlers for various events (callbacks) exposed by CBFS. Most callbacks are mandatory, i.e. for the drive to work you need to handle most of them. Optional events are marked as such in the help file, the rest requires implementing.

Our samples include SFTPDisk sample, which connects to the remote storage using SFTP protocol. You can use that sample as a guide and replace SFTP method calls with your operations.

Note that your storage must support random access to data (eg. writing in the middle of the BLOB stream). Alternatively you can split each file to small blocks (up to 64Kb) and work with them as if they were sectors on the physical disk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/20/2015 01:21:35
by Ace Tan (Basic support level)

do you have a sample application to map to a WEBDAV?
Posted: 03/20/2015 01:52:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

No, not at the moment.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1687 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!