EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Troublesome Anti-Virus

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 12/27/2014 12:58:17
by Eaton Zveare (Standard support level)

Hello, I wanted to know if there is a list of anti-virus software that have been known to cause issues in CBFS operations. I have a customer reporting a "The parameter is incorrect." exception on the MountMedia method, and he has Sophos installed.

I've previously read that disabling the anti-virus isn't usually enough (it isn't in this case), and I wanted to know if there are known issues with Sophos before I possibly suggest the user to try to uninstall the anti-virus completely.

The driver version used is v4.0.130.302, which is quite old, but I am not ready to deploy a new version with an updated version quite yet. If specific improvements have been made in new versions that could resolve this problem, please let me know.
Posted: 12/28/2014 00:22:25
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Antivirus programs usually interfere with CallbackFilter but I don't remember serious problems with antivirus blocking CBFS.

If you say that disabling Sophos was not enough, can it be that it's not the problem of the antivirus at all?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/29/2014 18:11:53
by Eaton Zveare (Standard support level)

Hi Eugene, you mentioned anti-virus may be a cause of it in HelpDesk ticket #20937. That user never got back to me to finish testing, but another is now reporting the same issue.

If it's not Sophos, do you have any other ideas as to what it may be? This is only the second time someone has reported it, so maybe they both are using some rare software that installs a conflicting driver.
Posted: 12/30/2014 01:33:48
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk for further investigation.

Topic viewed 1681 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!