EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Mount is deleted but Network mounting points are exists

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 10/21/2014 06:31:01
by Madhu J.N (Priority Standard support level)

Hi,
I have mounted using MountMedia() method, and added network mounting points
AddNetworkMountingPoint().
For Eg: ;A1;a11;
Issue is-
I can access mounting point A1 using \\A1 and a11 is visible in explorer but getting following error message while accessing \\A1\a11.

Error message:
\\A1\a11 is not accessible; You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact administrator for this server to find out if you have access permissions.

I'm suspecting
1. Is there any chance un-mount happened - i'm sure i'm not un-mounting programatically.
2. Some other applications has Unmounted what ever we mount while this process in use - I know its a process specific
Posted: 10/21/2014 06:41:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please specify the exact call to AddMountingPoint() method.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/21/2014 07:01:04

Hi,
Thanks for quick response.

Call sequence goes like below
myCBFS.MountMedia(timeOutInMelliSeconds);
myCBFS.AddNetworkMountingPoint(;A1;a11; true, CbFsNetworkSymLinkFlags.nsmAllowMapAsDrive);

After this, i'm trying to access file in two ways
1. Windows explorer - go to file path and open it- same permission error
2. Network path \\A1\a11 - same permission error

Await for assistance.
Posted: 10/21/2014 07:05:46

You have not specified share access rights in the third parameter (flags). Doing this should help. Please refer to documentation for details.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/21/2014 07:23:19

Hi,
All three arguments are set.

from documentation
void AddNetworkMountingPoint(String MountingPoint, bool LocalLink, CbFsNetworkSymLinkFlags Flags );
void AddNetworkMountingPoint(String MountingPoint, bool LocalLink, LUID AuthenticationID, CbFsNetworkSymLinkFlags Flags );

I'm using below method
void AddNetworkMountingPoint(String MountingPoint, bool LocalLink, CbFsNetworkSymLinkFlags Flags );

I'm running VDisk sample application and followed belwo steps
1. Install drivers
2. Create storage
3. Mount
4. Add Mounting points
Now i can access added mounting points using \\A1\a11 and able to create and view files

Now, i un-mounted without deleting mounting points and tried to access \\A1\a11 . In this case i'm getting above said permission error.
I know first we have to delete point and unMount it.
I'm trying to simulate whats happening in production system.

Above steps infers me- in production machine also un mount happened. But same version of product works fine in-house.
Can you please suggest me what could be other causes we cannot open file.

Many Thanks,
madhu
Posted: 10/21/2014 07:26:42

madhusjn wrote:
Now, i un-mounted without deleting mounting points and tried to access \\A1\a11 . In this case i'm getting above said permission error. I know first we have to delete point and unMount it. I'm trying to simulate whats happening in production system.

The behavior is by design - the mounting point exists until the next mount operation or until the storage is deleted. The idea is that you can "eject" the media without the need to delete the "device" denoted by the letter. CBFS behaves not like a flash card but rather as a CD/DVD drive in this situation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/21/2014 07:35:23

Hi,
Yes I know it works by design and i follow call sequence.

At production site, users cannot View not edit file they are getting above permission error.
I'm thinking multiple possibilities could cause this error.
1. Somehow unMount could have called- from logs i cannot see UnMount call.
2. Some other programs might have un mounted our mounted disk- I'm sure they cannot access this -they'll get file in use error.
3. System Environment might cause this.
4. Last option- My code is un mounting it. I doubt this because same version works in in-house machines.

Many Thanks,
Madhu
Posted: 10/21/2014 07:44:03

Huh, now I seem to have understood the problem (the description was a bit confusing).

Please try creating a mounting point with a disk letter (in addition to the network share). When the share becomes inaccessible on the production system check whether the disk letter exists and is accessible.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/21/2014 07:44:52

Also, what is the version number of CBFS that works on the production system in question?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/21/2014 07:54:39

Hi,
If we try to give mounting point has disk letter(Eg: Z: instead of ;A1;a11;)
and call AddNetworkMountingPoint () instead of AddMountingPointEx(Z:, true) method even sample application throws exception.

Below is call stack:
at CallbackFS.CallbackFileSystem.AddNetworkMountingPoint(String MountingPoint, Boolean LocalLink, CbFsNetworkSymLinkFlags Flags)
at Mounter.MounterForm.btnAddPoint_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Program Files\EldoS\Callback File System\Samples\dotNET\C#\VDisk\Form1.cs:line 158

As per your comment- for testing purpose i need to create two mounting points
1. AddNetworkMountingPoint(;A1;a11;, true,CbFsNetworkSymLinkFlags.nsmAllowMapAsDrive)
2. AddMountingPointEx (Z:, true)

Many Thanks,
Madhu
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3826 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!