EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

System cannot find the file specified

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 05/08/2014 04:21:11
by Akshay Kumar (Basic support level)

I'm trying to run the sample VDisk application that comes with java's cbfs and I'm running into some problems. Whenever I run it, and the cbfs.createStorage() command gets called, I get a "eldos.cbfs.ECBFSError: The system cannot find the file specified." The driver is installed correctly and is returning a status of 1 right before this error.

I have tried mounting to an existing empty folder as well as a random drive, both have failed.

Please let me know what I can do next.
Posted: 05/08/2014 04:31:41
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk for further investigation.
Posted: 05/08/2014 04:38:35
by Akshay Kumar (Basic support level)

For more Information, if I call cbfs.getMountingPointCount, or cbfs.addMountingPoint or a few other methods before the createStorage() call, I get the same error: "eldos.cbfs.ECBFSError: The system cannot find the file specified."

I had the same application running just earlier today and I haven't changed anything since.
Posted: 05/08/2014 05:05:27
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

I created a ticket in HelpDesk. Please post messages there.
Have you received an email message about it?
Posted: 05/22/2014 13:50:00
by Henri Hein (Priority Standard support level)

I sometimes get this from users, so it would be useful to know what the resolution was.

Henri Hein
Software Developer, Bitcasa
Posted: 05/22/2014 13:52:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Most common reason is that the driver was not properly installed for whatever reason or that the system has not been restarted despite the value of RebootNeeded of Install() method call.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Topic viewed 1985 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!