EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CBFS.IsActive expensive call

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 05/06/2014 02:45:52
by Andrew Solonovich (Standard support level)

Hello!
I get in profiler that Cbfs.Active too expensive call - its about 10% of time.
I check it in timer with 3 sec period.
Else I have found that it become more expensive if cbfs loads more heavily.

Can be it true, or I missed something?
If so, how to check more efficiently that is Cbfs running?
Posted: 05/06/2014 02:48:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Can you please describe, what task you are trying to accomplish with such periodic call? Normally if your application mounts the storage, it also knows whether this storage is active or not.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/06/2014 03:19:24
by Andrew Solonovich (Standard support level)

Eugene, you are right - application knowns about it and there is no need constantly check cbfs status, but our application checks and shows some other fields, and status of driver is displayed too.

Frequently speaking, code which checks status remained from time when we used another driver and was left for compability, but I even never thought that it will affect on performance..
Posted: 05/06/2014 03:23:47
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

This function contains some "excessive" synchronization which can cause the problem. We have corrected the code. The new build is expected in a couple of days.
Posted: 05/07/2014 13:44:16
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

The new build is available for download.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1039 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!