EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Silent Install

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 04/14/2014 10:51:18
by Peter Williams (Standard support level)

We're into the deployment phase of our application. My installer team has built an installshield MSI, and they are asking me if there's a way to install the EldoS drivers without displaying this message in windows:

Essentially we are looking for a silent install option, is there any way we can accomplish this with the helper dll?

Posted: 04/14/2014 10:52:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you have a license, please link the license ticket to your user account before we continue. The ticket itself and the procedure of its use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase. If you don't have the license ticket, please contact the person from which you have obtained the license key (the one in your source code) for a license ticket.

NOTE: please don't post license keys and license tickets to the forum. If you need to clarify something about your license, please use HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/14/2014 12:52:05

Hi Eugene,

I've attached the ticket as requested to my account.
Posted: 04/14/2014 13:06:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you very much.

Actually there's a comprehensive answer to your question in the Knowledgebase .

In brief - if you don't need PnP mode for the driver, install it in non-PnP mode and the message won't be shown. For PnP drivers it's not possible to get rid of this warning and the best you can do is sign the driver with your certificate (which is possible only when you have a source code license and can build a custom version of the driver).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/14/2014 13:24:45

Oh wow can't believe i missed that article. Thank you Eugene, i will implement and test.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Topic viewed 1416 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!