EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CbFsRenameOrMoveFile : folder not refreshed

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 03/27/2014 11:35:02
by Olfa REKIK (Basic support level)

We have another issue when renaming files on Win7 :
In the callback, we rename the file.
in the explorer view, the old file disappears, but the new file doesn't appear (so it looks like a remove). If I refresh the explorer view (F5), the renamed file appears.

the callbacks sequence is :
- CbFsCloseFile : success
- CbFsEnumerateDirectory, mask = myfile.txt => return myfile.txt path
- CbFsRenameOrMoveFile myfile.txt myNewFile.txt
- CbFsOpenFile myNewFile.txt => success
- CbFsGetFileInfo myNewFile.txt
- CbFsCloseFile

- CbFsEnumerateDirectory, mask = myNewFile.txt => return myNewFile.txt
- CbFsEnumerateDirectory, mask = myfile.txt => return DONT EXIST (its the old file...)
- CbFsGetFileInfo myfile.txt => return DONT EXIST

Thanks for any clues on this matter
Posted: 03/27/2014 11:57:29
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Is the problem reproducible with any of the CBFS samples? If so please specify in details how to do it.
Posted: 03/28/2014 03:31:48

Of course not, the CBFS sample rely on the Windows FileSystem calls so they do not demonstrate much except the CBFS ability to hook file system.
Posted: 03/28/2014 03:49:38
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

If possible please take Process Monitor from sysinternals.com, set there to show only I/O requests passed to your virtual disk (by setting a filter rule "Path"->"begins with"->"X:", where "X:" is your disk's drive letter), reproduce the problem, save the Process Monitor log in the native format (which is .pml or so), and give it to me.

Posted: 03/28/2014 06:01:28

Hi Vladimir,

Process Monitor evidenced the problem, I was not returning the file name in EnumerateDirectory in the ExactMatch case, only FileFound TRUE or FALSE.

Case is solved now, thanks for your help.
best regards.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Topic viewed 917 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!