EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Active Directory GPO deployment

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 03/06/2014 06:38:51
by Stanisław Jankowski (Priority Standard support level)

I have an issue when I am trying to deploy my application which is using CBFS 5 using Group Policy Object in Windows Server 2012.

My installattion package is written in WIX installer framework.
My instalator works fine if I am trying to install my software manually, when the user is logged-in (client machines with Windows server 2012, Windows server 2008, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7).

But when I am trying to deploy my software using GPO then it works only on Windows Server 2012 client. On the rest of the systems I can see in the log 1603 error.

If I removed from my installation package the custom action which is installing CBFS driver, then the deployment works on all of the client machines.

My custom action is a C# dll library which requires Administator rights on startup and is using CallbackFileSystem.GetModuleStatus and CallbackFileSystem.Install methods.

I do not have any idea how to debug the installation process deeply and the system log entries are very general.

Do you have any experience or tips with deploying CBFS 5 driver via Active Directory GPO?

Theoretically the installation begins before any user is logged-in and it is performed with NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM account which is the most powerfull local account in the system.

Thanks in advance for any advices.

Topic viewed 816 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!