EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Where the data of CBFS is kept?

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 03/03/2014 03:28:12
by pnina (Standard support level)

In Solid File System, when I want to create a new storage, I basically create a physical file in which all the information is stored. If necessary I can later access this file and load the information.
I CBFS I simply use CreateStorage(), without a physical file.
So let's say my CBFS storage volume is 5GB. where CBFS stores the data?
Posted: 03/03/2014 04:58:36
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

It's up to you where the data will be stored. CBFS just creates for you a virtual disk, assigns a drive letter, and then starts to call the callback functions like OnEnumerateDirectory, OnOpenFile, OnReadFile, etc. Your code in these callback functions performs real job. For example you have a database and its records you want to represent as files. In this case in the OnEnumerateDirectory callback your code should return list of the database records, in the OnOpenFile callback it should return success or error (in order to tell CBFS whether the specified database record is allowed to be opened), and in the OnReadFile callback the code should return contents of the requested record.
Another variant is to map (or mirror) some another disk or a folder on a disk. There is the CBFS Mapper sample which actually does it. By the use of it you can create a virtual disk and this disk will map/mirror contents of the specified folder on another disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 677 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!