EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

InstallIcon after CBFS5 Upgrade

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 02/07/2014 15:22:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If the VM has some realistic size (say under 20-30 GB), maybe the simplest would be for us to download it and inspect it locally. Is this possible to arrange? If yes, you can provide instructions for downloading via HelpDesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/07/2014 17:28:37
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Here is the procmon log:

That's looks normal, nothing suspicious. How many entries are exists under the ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers key ? Can you remove manually all non cbfs5 EldosIconOverlay entries from the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers for the test purposes ? May be there is some correlation between old and new installation entries.
Posted: 02/07/2014 20:43:34
by Henri Hein (Priority Standard support level)

Vladimir:

I tried deleting the entries I was sure should not be there, and it didn't make a difference. I wasn't sure what all CBFS5 needs, though.

Eugene:

I like your idea. The VM is 34gb. I am creating a share for it now, but it does take a while.

Henri Hein
Software Developer, Bitcasa
Posted: 02/08/2014 02:48:11
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

I tried deleting the entries I was sure should not be there, and it didn't make a difference. I wasn't sure what all CBFS5 needs, though.

All *EldosIconOverlay-cbfs5 with a number as a first symbol corresponds to installed icons, EldosIconOverlay-cbfs5 is a general entry, all other entries are an artifacts from previously installed non-cbfs5 versions.
Posted: 02/10/2014 19:45:47
by Henri Hein (Priority Standard support level)

FYI, I started an upload of my VM Friday night, but it had crashed almost immediately. I have been uploading all day, but it is still going.

Henri Hein
Software Developer, Bitcasa
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4873 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!