EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

InstallIcon after CBFS5 Upgrade

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 02/07/2014 15:22:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If the VM has some realistic size (say under 20-30 GB), maybe the simplest would be for us to download it and inspect it locally. Is this possible to arrange? If yes, you can provide instructions for downloading via HelpDesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/07/2014 17:28:37
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

Here is the procmon log:

That's looks normal, nothing suspicious. How many entries are exists under the ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers key ? Can you remove manually all non cbfs5 EldosIconOverlay entries from the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers for the test purposes ? May be there is some correlation between old and new installation entries.
Posted: 02/07/2014 20:43:34
by Henri Hein (Priority Standard support level)

Vladimir:

I tried deleting the entries I was sure should not be there, and it didn't make a difference. I wasn't sure what all CBFS5 needs, though.

Eugene:

I like your idea. The VM is 34gb. I am creating a share for it now, but it does take a while.

Henri Hein
Software Developer, Bitcasa
Posted: 02/08/2014 02:48:11
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

I tried deleting the entries I was sure should not be there, and it didn't make a difference. I wasn't sure what all CBFS5 needs, though.

All *EldosIconOverlay-cbfs5 with a number as a first symbol corresponds to installed icons, EldosIconOverlay-cbfs5 is a general entry, all other entries are an artifacts from previously installed non-cbfs5 versions.
Posted: 02/10/2014 19:45:47
by Henri Hein (Priority Standard support level)

FYI, I started an upload of my VM Friday night, but it had crashed almost immediately. I have been uploading all day, but it is still going.

Henri Hein
Software Developer, Bitcasa
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4860 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!