EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CBFS 5 and Adobe Acrobat Reader

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 10/20/2013 07:34:16
by Andreas Pross (Standard support level)

I have modified the Mounter Sample to access Data on a SQL Database. Everything works now as expected but I have some trouble with Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Using Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 to access any file on the virtual drive will result in complete freeze of the "Mounter.exe", Acrobat itself and everything which tries to access the virtual drive.

In Visual Studio, no exception or anything else is thrown. Also I can't see any action in my trace right after adobe reader tried to access the file. It seems as if everything freezes before any callback is raised when using adobe acrobat reader.

I updatet to Acrobat Reader 11. Now I can open files, but if there is any timeout or some other exception in callbacks, there is a high chance to freeze everything.

After the freeze, It is impossible to do anything which needs drive acces. Shutdown windows is impossible only hard-reset works.

So far, Adobe Reader seems the only program which has such strange behavior. I am not sure if this is related due to my callbacks but my trace shows no activity in any callback which is invoked by acrobat.

.net 4.5
Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 / Server 2012 R2

Any Ideas?
Posted: 10/20/2013 07:53:34
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

And does the problem happen with unmodified Mapper sample?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/20/2013 08:26:07
by Andreas Pross (Standard support level)

yes, happens with "unmodified" Mapper sample.

I had to change some lines in the sample to fix some csf5 related issues:

Code

CallbackFileSystem.Initialize(mGuid)

mCbFS.MaxReadWriteBlockSize = &H10000 'prevents exception with large files in CFS5
mCbFS.StorageType = CbFsStorageType.stDiskPnP 'Explicit set Storage Type, and FileSystemName to fix null reference exception on mount.
mCbFS.StorageCharacteristics = CallbackFileSystem.scRemovableMedia
mCbFS.FileSystemName = "NTFS"
mCbFS.FileCacheEnabled = True

mCbFS.CreateStorage()

I also tried with and without FileCache and with different StorageType.
Posted: 10/21/2013 01:04:37
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk for further investigation.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1728 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!