EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Its everywhere!

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 07/26/2013 10:56:30
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

Just a humorous anecdote, I'm sorry if it is inappropriate for this forum. I was at home the other day and I was playing around with my iTunes program and my Apple iPod. I decided to buy for my PC a program called "iExplorer" developed and sold by a company called "Macroplant". Wasn't I pleasantly surprised when I installed the program that the last step in their installation process is an optional install of the Eldos Callback File System! This allows their iExplorer program to present the contents of your iPod to you as a Windows drive. So, keep up the good work, Eldos! The world is beating a path to your door!
Posted: 07/26/2013 10:57:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the post :). We need to contact them to clear some licensing-related doubts now.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/26/2013 10:59:39
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Emm, everything is fine there. False alert.

And, yes, we have many customers including world leading IT companies (can't disclose their names, but they start with A, I, E, M etc.) so I wouldn't be surprised if one day CBFS comes preinstalled on some hardware or comes as part of the OS (who knows, may I dream a bit? :).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/29/2013 09:28:21
by Ivan P (Priority Standard support level)

I've got a compatibility question. Usually CBFS driver is installed into system32\drivers directory.

1. Can a product with less build number (for example, overwrite cbfs4.sys driver ( installed by another product using the installation API?

2. Are user-mode CBFS dlls compatible with higher versions of a driver (with the same major version)?
Posted: 07/30/2013 01:16:33
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

1. No. If both products are installed to the same directory then only the driver with higher version is taken. Also uninstallation of one of the products doesn't cause deletion of the driver (i.e. only uninstallation of the latest product removes the driver).

2. Yes. The drivers and user API are compatible within the major version. Actually for the same major version we don't add any new features, but only fix bugs.
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 3612 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!