EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error when using CBFS_SYMLINK_NETWORK

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 07/03/2013 17:28:56
by Aviv Scharf (Standard support level)

Hello

I've implemented part of the proof of concept for a virtual file system, but noticed that I get a lot of calls to open file I'm not really opening. Therefore, as was recommended in the documentation, I tried to set the mount as CBFS_SYMLINK_NETWORK but then I get an error of ""the parameter is invalid" on the call to:
AddMountingPoint("F:",CallbackFS.CallbackFileSystem.CBFS_SYMLINK_NETWORK, null)

It works fine if I just call mCbFs.AddMountingPoint("F:");
I do not change the default values of StorageType and
StorageCharacteristics properties.

Can you please advise?
Posted: 07/04/2013 01:19:49
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Network mounting points must also contain the server and share parts. Moreover the drive letter can be omitted. I.e. instead of just "F:" use something like:

"F:;server_name;share_name" - in this case the storage will be accessible via "F:" as well as via "\\server_name\share_name"

";server_name;share_name" - in this case the storage will be accessible only via UNC path "\\server_name\share_name"
Posted: 07/08/2013 15:35:12
by Aviv Scharf (Standard support level)

Thanks,

Now it works, but it still didn't resolve the extra calls to open file and OnReadFile even when the file is not opened. I will post a separate question for this issue.

Statistics

Topic viewed 970 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!