EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Win XP CbFsStorageType.stDiskPnP issue

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 07/01/2013 03:38:23
by Stanisław Jankowski (Priority Standard support level)

Hello!

I have problem, when I defined CbFsStorageType.stDiskPnP in my application. It works under Windows 7 64bit but fails under Windows XP sp3 32bit.
I received "Invalid parameter" error in CallbackFileSystem.MountMedia(Int32 Timeout) procedure. I tried this with different Timeout values and I always get an error under Win XP.
When I removed the explicit declaration of CbFsStorageType (the storage type is still stDiskPnP by default) - then my software works.

I can not reproduce this issue with Mounter sample. Sample works on every system regardless the CbFsStorageType is defined or the default value is used.

Best regards,
Stanisław Jankowski
Posted: 07/01/2013 04:34:05
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Stanisław,

Could you take the system logs associated with CallbackFS and give it to me?
In order to do it perform the following:
On the desktop press "Start"->"Run..." and enter "eventvwr.exe". Then in Event Viewer collect all the logs associated with CallbackFS (or all messages) from the "System" and "Application" folders (see the attached screenshot), save them in the native format, and sent it to me.

Thanks.

Posted: 07/01/2013 05:09:47
by Stanisław Jankowski (Priority Standard support level)

There is only a PlugPlayManager error in "system" branch. I can not attached .evt file because the file extension is not supported by this form and the file exceeds the size limit. Could you give me an email or some other way to send you this file?

Staszek
Posted: 07/01/2013 05:37:17
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 710 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!