EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

File Security problems

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 07/17/2013 12:52:20
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

PS, when I mount the drive in my code as a non-networked drive, everything works fine.
Posted: 07/17/2013 13:32:03
by Sid Schipper (Standard support level)

OK, I figured out why my mapper sample wasn't able to add the mount point as a network drive. To do that you have to use the following syntax as the mount point name;

Drive Letter:;Computer Name;Share Name

When I used that syntax in the mapper sample that contains my callbacks I did not get the CbFs exception and mounted the drive OK, but when I tried to change security information on one of my pseudo-folders I got the same Access Denied error that I got before. If I try your vanilla mapper sample without my callbacks, the AddMountPoint function with the correct syntax for the MountPoint as a network drive gets a CbFs exception that says "Access Denied" so I cannot even mount the drive.

I can send you the source code for my modified mapper sample, but it includes things from a library that is part of my database system, so unless I send you that .lib file you will not be able to run my code.
Posted: 07/17/2013 13:53:27
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk.

Topic viewed 3365 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!