EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problem with Last Access Time

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 04/02/2013 03:43:50
by Emanuel Sette (Standard support level)

Hello everyone, I've a problem with LastAccessTime attribute.

In my project I set correctly the value of this attribute in OnGetFileInfo, OnSetFileAttributes and OnEnumerateDirectory events but, when I get properties of file, value of LastAccessTime seen always an empty time value.

I attach a sample image.

Posted: 04/02/2013 03:44:22
by Emanuel Sette (Standard support level)

Here the attachment.

Posted: 04/02/2013 04:35:27
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

It's Windows that checks for file system name and in the case of FAT (which is default name for CallbackFS disk) represents the last access time in such a way.
If you change the file system name (the SetFileSystemName method) to "NTFS" then the time will be specified in the "full" format.

BTW: It isn't recommended to set file system name to be some unrecognized for Windows. In this case it isn't possible to run program elevated (it seems the system code checks for the file system name and get stuck when it isn't recognized).

Also setting the file system name to "NTFS" can require to implement some other NTFS specific features, like file security attributes, file IDs, etc. Because some programs can theoretically require it.

So if the problem with the "last access" time isn't critical for you it's better not to change the file system name.

Topic viewed 578 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!