EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SetIcon not working in CBFS v4

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 03/30/2014 08:58:37
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Do I understand right, that the preferred approach would be to let your code specify the file location (instead of using TEMP folder) OR to not copy the file at all, and use the provided path?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/30/2014 09:30:26
by Ivan P (Priority Standard support level)

Hi Eugene!

For our use case yes, it would be better to use the original path as the icon.

Posted: 04/01/2014 04:26:44
by Ivan P (Priority Standard support level)

We've found one more issue with SetIcon: the icon is not shown when I connected through Remote Desktop even with highest available RDP connection settings (32bit colos, LAN speed).

However, as soon as I login to the physical desktop - the icon is shown in the same windows of Windows Explorer. No restart between RDP connection and local logon, so I'm not sure if it's possible to fix it

UPD: and another one :)
The icon doesn't substitute the icon for drive, but is shown on top of it. When the folder view is set to "Medium Icons", it's not a big problem, but when it gets higher (Large or Extra Large Icons) - the icon becomes more like a label upon a standard removable disk icon: it doesn't increase in size (however our ICO file has a 256x256 icon). Other Windows disks (BD-ROM, DVD-ROM) looks good.

Is it a problem that cannot be fixed, or if fixing it requires significant effort? Otherwise we might need to reconsider our icon design.

Topic viewed 3665 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!