EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Word files problem

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 12/19/2012 07:43:33
by Davide Baccaglini (Standard support level)

Hello, i've a problem during saving docx files.

I've a project what map C disk in a folder (Dati Locali) create in root folder.

When I work with simple files (for example txt) it works : I can create, modify, rename and delete files. When I works with docx files, I've a problem with temporary file.

In my case I open an existing file, modify it, and when a press save occurs a problem during creation of Word temporary file. I debug it and events OnCreateFile and OnOpenFile seems works fine, but Word show me the error in image.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Davide

Posted: 12/19/2012 07:53:05
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Word creates and renames temporary files when working with the document. It's not possible to say for sure what can be wrong, but it's definitely a problem somewhere in your code (MS Office operations are performed on every second CBFS-based implementation and they work fine).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:26:47
by Davide Baccaglini (Standard support level)

Hello Eugene, the problem is when Word try to create the first temporary file for the current file (during saving).

The tmp file is created and eof/allocation are correctly, but when OnReadFile event is fired this continue reading the same portion of the file (position 0, byteToRead 4096) and after the first OnReadFile an IOException is raised ("The process cannot access the file \~WRD0000.tmp because it is being used by another process").

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Davide
Posted: 12/19/2012 10:41:57
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Only debugging of your code will help you. It's not possible to guess what's going on in your code and third-party application without debugging.

Use procmon (Vladimir Zinin posts instructions regarding procmon once in a week or so) to track the correct sequence when word uses real disk, and then inspect the sequence of requests when word works with your disk. You will find some differences and they will give you a hint of what's wrong).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 867 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!