EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Windows 8 Access from Metro Style App File Picker

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 12/12/2012 07:56:12
by  Hans jun. Buholzer
Hello
With Windows 8, Metro Style Apps File Picker is not able to see any files inside a virtual drive. Is there a way around this issue or is this behavior mentioned from the sandbox inside the Metro Style Apps are working?

kind regards,
Buholzer Hans
Posted: 12/12/2012 08:54:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

What version of CBFS are you using? Support for Metro applications requires handling of new IRPs, and this handling was added in CBFS 4.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/12/2012 09:19:02
by  Hans jun. Buholzer
Hi

Yes, I am using CBFS 4. The funny thing is, that Metro Apps are able to read files directly (for example i can open images linked to a Metro App), but the file picker is not able to "scan" the directory (-> the virtual disk is just empty).

kind regards
Buholzer Hans
Posted: 12/12/2012 09:23:29
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I've moved your request to the helpdesk for investigation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/12/2012 11:14:48
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

One of the customer has reported quite a similar problem with Metro Style Apps File Picker and the use of a mounting point with the CBFS_SYMLINK_MOUNT_MANAGER helped. Of course we are going to investigate and correct it, but it hasn't been done yet.

Let's continue the discussion in the helpdesk.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1153 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!