EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CbFs 3 and CbFs 4 in the same machine

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 10/30/2012 02:32:29
by Kenny Kim (Standard support level)

Good day.

Do you recommend to have CbFs 3x and CbFs 4x installed and used in the same machine concurrently?

Because, after I have ported my application from CbFs 3 to CbFs 4, there were some problems with CbFs 4x version of application in Folder listing:
    - After browsing the folder, it has no contents. The files and folders appear after creating a file or a folder.
    - Even entering the File/Folder's path directly in Explorer's address bar would cause an error indicating that path does not exist. For example:
    1. Browse "Z:\CBFS 4\TestFolder" --> "CBFS 4" has no contents.
    2. Enter "Z:\CBFS 4\TestFolder" in Explorer's address bar --> Error: "Windows cannot find "Z:\CBFS 4\TestFolder" ..."
    3. Create a new folder in "Z:\CBFS 4" --> Contents of "CBFS 4" appears.
    4. Enter "Z:\CBFS 4\TestFolder" in Explorer's address bar --> Contents of "Test Folder" is browsed.

And there were no such error in application's CbFs 3 version.

After removing CbFs 3x, all the symptoms are gone.

Win 7 x64.
CbFs 4: 4.0.122.300
CbFs 3: 3.2.109.275

Thank you.
Posted: 10/30/2012 03:00:58
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What API are you using? In .NET API the most likely reason is a conflict of .NET assemblies (wrong assembly is loaded). Looks like we would need to separate those assemblies (change their names for CBFS 4).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/30/2012 03:09:10

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
What API are you using?

I'm using .NET 4 API in both cases.

And, one more thing:
Ulughbek Muslimov wrote:
Even entering the File/Folder's path directly in Explorer's address bar would cause an error indicating that path does not exist

As I know, in this case, CbFs does not care about any path passed for browsing. What does matter is, the back-end server should have the path and that is all needed. But anyway, that phenomenon happened.

Thank you.
Posted: 10/30/2012 03:40:46
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Ulughbek Muslimov wrote:
As I know, in this case, CbFs does not care about any path passed for browsing. What does matter is, the back-end server should have the path and that is all needed. But anyway, that phenomenon happened.

In CallbackFS v4 the new feature "nonexistent file cache" has occurred. Perhaps your code has reported before that the File/Folder's path didn't exist and that information cached. Try to call the DisableNonexistentFilesCache method.
Posted: 10/30/2012 03:45:38
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

CallbackFS v3 and v4 can coexist on the same machine. As Eugene said the most probable reason is that the wrong assembly is used.
Posted: 10/30/2012 04:13:49

Vladimir Zinin wrote:
In CallbackFS v4 the new feature "nonexistent file cache" has occurred. Perhaps your code has reported before that the File/Folder's path didn't exist and that information cached. Try to call the DisableNonexistentFilesCache method.

I set DisableNonexistentFilesCache to true, and so far everything is working as expected.
As those errors were not happing constantly for a single folder, now I'm not sure for 100% that the problem is solved.
But, if I come across it again, I will report you.

Thank you.
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1438 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!