EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Throwing ECBFSError from OnSetFileAttributes callback

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 10/09/2012 14:41:59
by Ivan P (Priority Standard support level)

I'm getting unhandled exception (and therefore application crash) when I try to throw ECBFSError(ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED) from the OnSetFileAttributes callback.

In some cases I'm unable to check if setting attributes is a valid operation and can know it only when executing actual attributes change on the back-end storage.

What should I do in this case? Just suppress the excception?
For example, I know that I can throw exception from OnRead/OnWrite callbacks, but should not do this from OnClose and, as turned out, from OnSetFileAttributes.
What other callbacks behave the same way?

Posted: 10/10/2012 03:57:02
by Vladimir Cherniga (EldoS Corp.)

I did the same with C++ Mapper sample and it works without problem. Could you share some code that demonstrates the issue.
Posted: 10/10/2012 04:12:59
by Ivan P (Priority Standard support level)

I found it was an intermittent issue. The ACCESSS_DENIED exception is thrown many times in my code and handled by CBFS, but yesterday something happened so that it stopped to handle this.

I'm currently "playing" with MoveFile functionality, so it's possible that some unexpected callback response (exception or hang) could cause such behavior.

I'll let you know if I get this error again.

Topic viewed 535 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!