EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Decide an upload session

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 09/21/2012 11:27:54
by ttran Tran (Priority Standard support level)

Hello,
When we submit an upload command , for example drag-and-drop (ctrl-c then ctrl-v) a set of files and folders from the local to the virtual drive then first, Explorer shows up its own copying windows, which says howmany elements are going to be copied, also a progress bar.
Are there any way to get an event when this Explorer copying windows ends ? then we can decide the capacity of an upload session ?

Thanks
Tran
Posted: 09/21/2012 11:32:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Maybe one of these interfaces could help, but this is surely beyond functionality of the filesystem itself. All in all, the user might decide to stop copying anywhere in the middle.

Also you need to remember that Explorer, despite being the most popular file managers, is not the only one.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/26/2012 06:55:12
by ttran Tran (Priority Standard support level)

Thanks,
Anyway, each copy command of the Explorer has an unique ID (a copy command may contain folders, files)
Is that possible for CBFS to provide this ID (current version or future version) in the callback-events ?

Thanks
Tran
Posted: 09/26/2012 07:14:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am having hard time understanding how such ID can be translated to filesystem level. Neither CreateFile() nor ZwCreateFile() functions offer a way for the application to do this (and no reason to do this), so Explorer is unlikely to pass anything to the driver. I think if you know the ID from Explorer point of view, you can use ProcMon to look at filesystem requests and try to see that ID being passed. If you find it, then it's possible, but I have big doubts.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 710 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!