EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Microsoft Word 2010 and save on a CBFS-Drive

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 09/11/2012 13:09:05
by  Hans jun. Buholzer

My brain is actually a little blocked in a strange situation... We work with CBFS and i'm now to bring the "save" function from word to work properly. I did this once before with Dokan but now i'm stuck with CBFS.

Following happens:

1. Word creates the "real" file: lets say 123.docx
--> is intended, works fine
2. Word deletes this file
3. Word calls multiple times for 123.docx
--> is intended, always returning "File does not exist" works fine
4. Word tries to create a temporary file, filename begins with "~WDR0"
5. Word calls SetAllocationSize, SetEndofFile and SetFileAttributes for this temporary file
6. Word calls to delete the temporary file
--> not intended,since it should write into now into the temporary file ;(

With procMon I can see, that writeFile was called out of word once, but ended with "unsuccessful" --> it never reaches my callback funtion! I think because of this, it wants to delete the file, to undo all.

Any suggestions in this issue would be glad!

Buholzer Hans
Posted: 09/11/2012 13:12:02
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please first of all try the same with our samples, namely Mapper and VDisk (please try Mapper first) and see if the problem occurs.

Based on report from your colleague, there can be some third-party application (eg. antivirus) which intervenes into saving process. See previous post from Tran.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/12/2012 02:23:44
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Hans,

1. Please use HelpDesk https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/index.php to post such problems.
2. Run Process Monitor, reproduce the problem, save the log in the Process Monitor native format (.pml or so), and give it to me.

Topic viewed 1070 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!