EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

eldos.cbfs.ECBFSError: The system cannot find the file specified

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 08/30/2012 02:59:14
by michaelw13 (Basic support level)

Hi

I've attempted to run the VDisk sample Java code on both a Windows 7 64 bit machine and a Windows Server 2003 32 bit VM. In both cases I get the error below when calling createStorage().

Code
at eldos.cbfs.CallbackFileSystem.CreateStorage(Native Method)
   at eldos.cbfs.CallbackFileSystem.createStorage(CallbackFileSystem.java:306)
   at za.co.tetrad.dbfs.sandbox.Main.main(Main.java:24)

I've ensured I'm using the correct DLLs, the installation logs don't show any errors and as far as I can tell the installation was done correctly.

What could the possible causes be?

Thanks
Michael
Posted: 08/30/2012 03:32:25
by Volodymyr Zinin (EldoS Corp.)

Have you installed the driver (cbfs.cab) before? It must be done from the elevated (i.e. "run as administrator") VDisk sample.
Posted: 08/30/2012 04:58:29

Thanks Vladimir. Are there driver installation instructions in the help? (I couldn't find any for Java)

I extracted the cab file and ran the exe as Admin. In Windows 7 a command window opens and stays open. Nothing else happens. In Windows Serve r2003 I get the message "The image file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\working\wow64sup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine.".

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly?
Posted: 08/30/2012 05:08:21
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Instructions are the same for all platforms - the CAB file is NOT unpacked, but fed to Install function of CallbackFileSystem class (or to Install function in cbfsinst.dll). There's no other way to install drivers (i.e. .inf can not be installed either). I can't check Java sample now, but doesn't it offer you to install the driver?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/30/2012 05:21:25

Thanks. I assumed since the Java help section was missing that the installation process was different. As far as I can tell the VDisk code does not contain an example of the install, just an example to check if a particular module has been installed.

The CallBackFileSystem Java class does have an install method. I'll give that a go.
Posted: 08/30/2012 05:29:01
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

michaelw13 wrote:
I assumed since the Java help section was missing that the installation process was different.

You are probably talking about missing Java in Deployment Instructions, right? Indeed it needs updating. We'll do this for the next update, thank you.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/30/2012 05:30:36

Yes. Awesome, thanks.

I added the install call to the Java code and the VDisk sample code works.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1765 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!