EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Issues with Windows Media Center

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 08/30/2012 10:22:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I suspect that in your case on first file open you would need to open the "real" file with all access enabled (i.e. for both reading and writing and with sharemode = deny none), and handle all consequent open requests transparently.

Well, maybe if you open the real file with all access enabled, maybe you can live with CallAllOpenCloseCallbacks set to false. You need to check this with WMP in particular.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/30/2012 10:29:23

After further thinking I come to conclusion that even now you can probably try to resolve the issue yourself if you manage to reproduce it. To do this you need to find out, what callback of yours returns error code in one of file operations. Then we can understand better, what needs to be done to improve your code.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/30/2012 10:58:20
by Brahim Bakayoko (Standard support level)

Eugene Mayevski wrote:
After further thinking I come to conclusion that even now you can probably try to resolve the issue yourself if you manage to reproduce it. To do this you need to find out, what callback of yours returns error code in one of file operations. Then we can understand better, what needs to be done to improve your code.

That's the thing. None of the callbacks return an error in my code.
And yes, I am very sure of that because I log all errors.

An error would certainly give us a clue of what's going on.
So, the only hypothesis left is that, with CallAllOpenCloseCallbacks set to false, I am not getting those Open calls that would have otherwise resulted in potential violations and errors in my code. Moreover, even if I was getting those calls, I don't think I would be doing something that the driver isn't supposed to be doing.

Thanks for the support.
Posted: 08/30/2012 11:25:03

Brahim Bakayoko wrote:
So, the only hypothesis left is that, with CallAllOpenCloseCallbacks set to false, I am not getting those Open calls that would have otherwise resulted in potential violations and errors in my code

And which you would be able to rule out better than the driver, cause you can handle any specific case more efficiently.

In any case while we are busy with CBFS 4 you can try to reproduce the issue and use ProcMon to track file operations in WMP to see which ones fail and what parameters failed calls include.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/04/2013 01:38:53

As I am reviewing open questions, I'd like to check if you had a chance to verify the problem with CBFS 4 and what the status is.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/31/2013 07:24:54
by Brahim Bakayoko (Standard support level)

Hi Eugene, I am just now doing the port to CBFS4 and will report back in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5091 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!